Youth Entrepreneurship Program (YEP)
Theme: Building a Better Food Economy
July 9 - 14, 2017
8:30 am - 3:30 pm
Applicants are invited for the exciting and educational Youth Entrepreneurship Summer Program (YEP). The theme for summer 2017 is “Building a Better Food Economy”. YEP focuses on middle and high school students and provides them with the opportunity to:
- Explore their talents and to leverage them with team building and leadership skills;
- Learn and practice the keys to success through effective study habits;
- Understand basic concepts of entrepreneurship and the economy;
- Meet and interact with entrepreneurs, and food industry experts;
- Opportunities to engage with college students and university faculty/staff;
- Work with a team to create a product that has the potential to improve a specific industry concern;
- Register to receive information about college preparation, admissions, scholarships and other financial aid.
YEP is sponsored by the Cameron School of Business at the University of North Carolina Wilmington (UNCW) and is designed to nurture students, predominantly from UNCW’s service region, that may possess the potential to be leaders in business and the community. YEP is open to all students regardless of career interest.
Eligible Ages: rising 8th graders and above (9th - 12th grade)
Sunday, 7/9/17: 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Required orientation for students and parents. Parents will complete necessary forms (medical & insurance forms) at the Cameron School of Business, Cameron Hall Auditorium (room 105).
Monday to Thursday, 7/10 -7/13: 8:30 am - 3:30 PM
Friday, 7/14/17: 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
Parents invited to closing Presentation & Award Ceremony 11 am - 12:30 pm at Cameron Hall, Cameron School of Business Auditorium (room 105).
$75.00 (Program is limited to 30 students)
Open the application here. (If "Submit via Email" button does not work in browser, please download and save before submitting.)
ALL applications are due by April 28 DEADLINE EXTENDED TO MAY 26! We will contact participants no later than Friday, June 9 via email providing registration forms to students who are accepted. Please note that additional paperwork will be required during orientation.
Program Director: Dr. Cheryl Sutton
Program Manager: Joey Cox
Thank you to our lead sponsor: