April 1 for Fall Admission
Decisions are made on a rolling basis, so
A strong overall academic average and a strong score on the GMAT are minimum requirements. However, admission decisions are based on several factors, and other indicators of success may be considered.
Applicants seeking admission to the MSA graduate program are required to submit the following to the UNCW Graduate School:
- An official application for graduate admissions
- Official transcripts of all college work (graduate and undergraduate). Note that if you attended UNCW, you do not have to request UNCW transcripts.
- Transcripts from foreign institutions must be evaluated by a credentials agency before submission to UNCW.
- Official paper transcripts should be mailed to The Graduate School, UNCW, 601 South College Road, Wilmington, NC 28403-5955 or electronic transcripts (password prottected) can be e-mailed directly by the institution to Gradtranscripts@uncw.edu.
- Official test scores:
- TOEFL (79 points on iBT) or IELTS (6.5 points) (required for non-native English speakers)
- Three letters of recommendation by individuals who can comment on the applicant's potential for successful completion of a master's degree program.
(only electronic references submitted as part of the on-line application process will be accepted)
- Applicant's resume
- A non refundable application fee of $60.00
- International students must also complete the international student forms (see application form in the first bullet above)
Persons entering the MSA program must have completed 4 core accounting courses prior to beginning the program. Following are options for completing the pre-requisites:
- Complete pre-requisite courses in residence at UNCW during the summer prior to admission to the MSA program. Additional core requirements may be completed during the first semester in residence in the MSA program.
- Complete pre-requisites at another accredited university. The MSA Director should approve the university and specific courses in advance to ensure they will be accepted for pre-requisite credit.
- Pre-requisites can completed during the regular academic year at UNCW or at another accredited university. The applicant would then be eligible to apply for the MSA program the following year.
- *ACG 301 External Financial Reporting I (Intermediate Financial Accounting I)
- *ACG 302 External Financial Reporting II (Intermediate Financial Accounting II)
- *ACG 306 Accounting Information Systems
- *ACG 404 Federal Income Taxes
- *FIN 335 (offered as ACG 495) Principles of Financial Management
- ACG 305 Advanced Managerial Accounting
- ACG 406 Internal Control Systems (Audit)
*These courses must be completed prior to starting the MSA program.