Human Resource Management Concentration
People are a company's greatest asset, and managers should take proactive steps to keep their workforce satisfied and motivated. The HR option equips students with the skills needed to maximize the efforts and productivity of human resources through recruitment and retention, organizational design, training and development, diversity, performance management, and assessment. The option provides courses recommended by SHRM (Society for Human Resource Management) to sit for the national certification exam.
Required Courses (fifteen credits)
- MGT 356 - Human Resource Management (prerequisite or co-requisite:
- MGT 358 - Organizational Behavior (prerequisite: MGT 350)
- MGT 359 - Staffing and Selection (prerequisite: MGT 356)
- MGT 457 - Training and Development (prerequisite: MGT 356)
- MGT 458 - Compensation and Performance Evaluation (prerequisites: MGT 356)
Elective Courses (six credits)
- MGT 352 - International Management (MGT 350, INB 300)
- MGT 452 - Organizational Development and Change (MGT 356,
- MGT 456 - Labor Relations Law (MGT 350)
- MGT 459 - Negotiation (MGT 350)
- MGT 495 - Seminar in Management (junior standing, permission of chair)
All of the above classes are CSB Restricted.
Students pursuing this option cannot also pursue an option in Management and Leadership or Entrepreneurship and Business Development.