- Admission Requirements
Applicants seeking admission to the MBA graduate program are required to submit the following to the UNCW Graduate School:
- An official application for graduate admissions (choose fall as the term)
- Official transcripts of all college work (graduate and undergraduate)
- A bachelor's degree in business is required OR
- Students without an undergraduate degree in business may complete pre-requisite courses prior to beginning the MBA program.
Note that if you attended UNCW, you do not have to request UNCW transcripts.
Official paper transcripts should be mailed to:
The Graduate School
University of North Carolina Wilmington
601 South College Road
Wilmington, NC 28403-5955
OR electronic transcripts (password protected) can be e-mailed directly by the institution to Gradtranscripts@uncw.edu.
- Three letters of recommendation by individuals who can comment on the applicant's potential for successful completion of a master's degree program (only recommendations submitted as part of the on-line application process will be accepted).
- The MBA program requires two years minimum professional work experience. All applicants must submit a resume. Please include a cover letter with your resume that serves as your statement of interest.
- A non-refundable application fee of $60.00
- Official test scores:
- Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) or GRE
- On - Campus GMAT Preparation Courses - Next prep course is March 19 and March 20.
- Note that scores more than five years old will not be accepted.
- The UNCW institution code for the GMAT is 5907
- Economically distressed applicants may contact Candace Wilhelm to request an application for GMAT fee waiver.
The GMAT may be waived for the following:
- Completion of an advanced degree (master's, or doctorate) involving some quantitative coursework;
- Five or more years of managerial experience;
- Bachelor's GPA of 3.2 or higher
The prerequisites of the Cameron School MBA program are:
- Completion of the baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution;
- Completion (passing) of a three-semester hour course in Introductory Calculus, or its equivalent;
- Completion (passing) of a three-semester hour course in statistics and the following academic courses:
- Information Systems & Technology
- Principles of Management
- Principles of Marketing
- Financial Accounting
- Principles of MicroEconomics
- Corporate Finance
- A minimum of two years of professional work experience
These courses must be taken at any accredited institution, (statistics and calculus may be completed at a community college). Additionally, the courses can be taken through the web-based offerings of many accredited institutions.
Finally, applicants may choose to “pass out” of the calculus course by taking the standardized College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) exam for Calculus.
- UNCW Graduate School
Application Deadline for Fall 2017: June 1
Decisions are made on a rolling basis, so apply early.
Some scholarships for the next academic year are available beginning in February and close in April. You must be an admitted student in order to apply for these scholarships.