Deadline for receipt of electronic application and application materials is June 1st.
A strong overall academic average based on upper division grade point average (last sixty credit hours) and preference for one year of professional work experience are minimum requirements for consideration for graduate admission. However, admission decisions are based upon several factors and if other indicators of success are evident, individuals who fall below the established criteria in one of the areas may be considered for admission.
IMBA Program Admission Requirements
Applicants seeking admission to the graduate program in international business administration at UNCW are required to submit the following to the Graduate School:
- An electronic application for graduate admission.
- Official transcripts of all college work (undergraduate and graduate) showing completion of an undergraduate degree in business and/or economics.
- Transcripts from foreign institutions must be evaluated by a credentials service prior to submission to UNCW.
- Official paper transcripts should be mailed to The Graduate School, UNCW, 601 South College Road, Wilmington, NC 28403-5955 or electronic transcripts (password protected) can be e-mailed directly by the institution to Gradtranscripts@uncw.edu
- TOEFL (560 points) or IELTS (6.5 points) if English is not your native language.
- Three recommendations including one from an employer or supervisor who can comment on the applicant’s work experience and potential for successful completion of a master’s program. Only recommendations completed as part of the on-line application process are accepted.
- Applicant’s cover letter & resume.
- Foreign applicants must submit international student forms (see application form in part #1 above) and submit proof of financial support.