Secure Your Core Business Skills
The Business Foundation Certificate program focuses on core business skills and knowledge necessary to understand the structure and operations of contemporary organizations.
The goal of this program is to provide students with the fundamental business skills and knowledge required to successfully enter and participate in today’s business enterprises (either for-profit or non-profit organizations).
Students seeking to earn the Business Foundations certificate must complete courses in at least four of the following six graduate business areas:
- Information Systems
This program suits the needs of:
- Students requiring graduate business coursework to meet the pre-requisite requirements of programs such as UNCW’s International MBA program.
- Graduate students in programs, such as Chemistry, that need graduate business coursework to fulfill a business option requirement.
- Adult learners who want to acquire essential business knowledge and skills without undertaking a full Master’s of Business Administration degree.
Certificate Requirements (12 total credit hours)
The program requires 12 credit hours. Students may select four of the six courses offered in order to obtain the certificate.
Core courses (students should select 4 courses in order to obtain the certificate)
- MBA 508 Accounting (3)
- MBA 514 Information Analysis & Management (3)
- MBA 530 Economics (3)
- MBA 532 Corporate Finance (3)
- MBA 542 Marketing (3)
- MBA 562 Management (3)